I have spent the weekend updating all my computers to run the new Windows 7; my main workstation is now running the 64bit version, the other 3 machines the 32bit version. I did a clean install on the main workstation, media PC and Mary’s machine taking the oportunity to clean them down and release some clutter – my laptop, which has far too many applcations and development tools on it, was upgraded.
So far all is well
I also installed Microsoft Office 2010 Technical preview on them; again using the 64bit version on the main workstation – some nice new features but I haven’t had time to go into too much depth yet – first impressions are favourable. All of the applications, including Outlook, Onenote and Access now have the ribon – I know some do not but I like it and find it much easier to get around.